Coleman Triton Series InstaStart 2-Burner Stove

This is my fourth Coleman stove, and the best. My mom had a heavy vintage 1970s coleman, a true work horse, but hard to clean.
Then I had the one burner, balance the pot on the top for backpacking, years of service, but a challenge in the wind, and I was sure it would topple over. It never did.
Last week I ordered the Coleman 3000001224 Propane 2 Burner Stove, I opened the box, checked it out and returned it, the lid does not go flat, so the burners cannot be used for a pasta or crab pot. also it did not lock. it felt cheap and light and modern.

I took my new triton camping last night, and its a wonderful improvement on the basic Coleman stove.
Pros, strong feeling without being heavy. the ignition is wonderful in damp Oregon. It so easy to start and restart the stove. the burner lifts off for cleaning. the lid can be laid flat for a crab pot.
the stove has enough room under the grate to store the extension tubing to the 2 lb tank I use.
(it takes a little wiggling, and I am careful to stay away from the ignition plugs. ) it has a lock. my coglan griddle fits perfectly, it heats up in two mins, this stove is a bad boy for fajitas and stir fry. It also simmered very well. the wind blocks are adjustable, unlike a few other stoves.

Coleman Triton Series InstaStart 2-Burner Stove
features :
  • 11,000 BTUs per burner, 22,000 total BTUs
  • Large cooking area fits one 10-in. (25.4 cm) pan and one 12-in. (30.48 cm) pan at the same time
  • Independent, easily-adjustable controls range from simmer to boil
  • Durable steel construction withstands rugged cooking conditions
  • InstaStart push-button matchless ignition
Coleman Triton Series InstaStart 2-Burner Stove